Adirondack Chairs and Watercolors





When I saw these chairs on one of the sets from Unity I knew I had to have them!  As you'll see from the photo below they remind me so much of the peaceful spot in my backyard in the photo below.  I've had these chairs for 20 some years, sometimes they sit out on my front porch but for summer they are in the back.  Nice spot to sit, relax and enjoy a beverage as in the stamp!

After being inspired by the work of Swarup Murthy in my Online Card Class on water-coloring I thought I'd give it a go with this stamp.  Her work is amazing, so please click on her name to go to her blog, outstanding work!

I think my try at the technique turned out better than I had expected!  I used Distress ink and made the background piece with Distress inks and a stencil also.  I'm sharing this on the Unity blog for Friends with Flair.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments

Ruby said…
Love this beautiful card. Great colours. This looks so peaceful.
Farley said…
Your chairs are fabulous and the background on the card base is perfect. I want to be in your backyard:)
Dawn Fields said…
Beautiful card! Lovely water coloring!
Crystal said…
Beautiful card and watercoloring!
Jennifer said…
Gorgeous! And I love the background.
Linda said…
that card is neat looking.
You did a fantastic job! The background came out awesome.
Nancy, that card is absolutely delicious!
Cynthia said…
Lovely watercolor, Nancy.
JPScraps said…
Beautiful card! The watercolors are done perfectly!
Carol L said…
YOur water-colored card is beautiful! So peaceful and serene, just as the perfect spot in your back yard seems to be! Good job!
Sue D said…
Very pretty colors and I like your chairs.
Kary said…
Wow, Nancy, your card looks Amazing!! Great watercolouring - make a wonderful art piece to be framed.
Scrapper Myra said…
Oh that is awesome. I imagine myself there with a glass of wine. LOL
Miwa said…
GORGEOUS card! And yes, I agree - Swarup is truly amazing!