Day 9 - Floral Builder Stamps

Lessons* today showed some fun ways to use floral stamp sets.  I tried to follow Jennifer McGuire's card, but found that I need more practice.  My gold embossing powder is very transparent, so I'll need to try it with gold ink (like I did on the sentiment) instead of just Versamark for embossing.  I wasn't thrilled with my flowers, so ended up die cutting and popping up two of them to make it look better.  Then I found some gold sparkle enamel dots that I thought helped.

So all in all, I'm not super thrilled with my first attempt at today's lesson.  Barely a C+ student today!  But I'll be brave an post anyway!

stamps:
Ruby Rose - Papertrey Ink
Sentiment - Paper Smooches

*Online Card Classes - Stretch Your Stamps 2

Comments

Unknown said…
Now this is seriously GORGEOUS! Are you one of the teachers?!! Really, very stunning.
Lin said…
We are all our own worst critic! I think your design is quite lovely, nicely balanced, and love the colors and the touches of gold!
Farley said…
The reason this card is so fabulous is because you went your OWN way with it. A+++ in my book. Really, it is gorgeous.
Lee-Anne said…
Hmm, Nancy, I'm thinking this is more an A+...your did an amazing job with the homework! Love it!