Simple Watercolor

I watched a video on Darlene's blog that showed a new and easy way to do watercolor.  I thought this new autumn set from Unity would work well with the technique she showed.  

I used Pumice stone Distress ink to stamp the images and then water colored it with Distress ink pens.  While I was doing it, and before it was fully dry it really looked like a hot mess.  Once it was dry I liked it better, but it still takes some practice!

I'm showing this over on the Unity blog for Friday's Friends with Flair too!

thanks for stopping by, and have a fantastic Friday!

Comments

Kary said…
Wow, Nancy, your card is Stunning!! I love the bright colours and the flowers look so pretty. Great job!!
Jennifer said…
More like a beautiful mess! I love it. No mess at all. Makes you look like a genuine watercolor artist.
What a beautiful water color, wow!
Ruby said…
Wow Great card and I love the watercolour.
Tracy said…
Nancy your card is a stunner:-) xxxx
Linda said…
I love the watercolour! very beautiful!
Unknown said…
Beautiful. I look forward to trying this technique.
Waving My Wand said…
What a gorgeous card. Love the pretty Fall colors...
Farley said…
This turned out fabulous! I think you've got this technique down pat, Nancy. The stamps really lend themselves to this type of watercoloring.
Sue D said…
Very pretty!
Beth F. said…
Your card is lovely! I have that autumn greeting stamp and this would be an awesome way for me to use it :)
Beth
Beth's Beauties
Rubeena I. said…
Love love love it! Beautiful colors and all!
Crystal said…
Gorgeous colors!!! This card captures fall so perfectly!
Unknown said…
I love your card. Awesome water coloring!
Dawn Fields said…
This is a beautiful card for fall! Love the colors! Lovely coloring!
Your coloring is beautiful. Love the pretty flowers.
Kris B said…
I think the water coloring turned out beautiful! I just watched a video on this technique but haven't had a chance to try it. Love how yours turned out!
Gaylynn said…
Oooh, this is so pretty and colorful the way you painted it. :)
JPScraps said…
This is gorgeous! I'll be trying this technique. Thanks
Scrapper Myra said…
Great technique. Loved the reference video. TFS.
Miwa said…
Wow, what a beautiful card!